Nov 2, 2009

How to get sexy summer look in 5 minutes

I am always on the run, especially in summer, so I’ve made up my signature summer look. It’s sexy, stylish and easy to do in 4 simple steps for just 5 minutes. Here’s how.

STEP 1 – Skin prep

My face is beautifully tanned and I enjoy it to the maximum by only applying my daily moisturizer, skipping foundation. If you can’t afford to skip foundation, go for a light liquid formula or even better tinted moisturizer. Ideally these should be with shimmering particles to reflect sunlight and a shade or two darker than your natural skin tone.

STEP 2 – Face

I use bronzing pearls instead of loose or compact powder. Pearls are ideal for sculpting the face and giving it a natural healthy glow. I’ll share a little trick about them. Pearls usually come in at least three shades in the pot – bronze, copper and gold. I have taken out almost all of the gold pearls and have put them in a separate pot. You might use any used up cosmetic pot you have at hand.


I dip the large powder brush in the dark pearls and sweep it all over my face, starting from the apples of my cheeks, then cheeks, temples and finally T-zone. I apply them on neck, decolte, cleavage and shoulders as they are exposed as well.

Next I dip the round blush brush in the gold pearls to use them as highlighter. I apply it on areas that are naturally sun-kissed: T-zone – center of forehead, nose and chin; triangles under the eyes, just above the cheekbones, center of neck and drawing a V on cleavage.

STEP 3 – Eyes

I keep my eyes simple, yet sexy. I use eye pencil in olive color to outline my upper and lower eyelids, making the line thicker at the outer corners and lightly smudge it for a tender smoky effect. I prefer olive to black or brown, as it is dark enough to enhance any eye color, yet not too dark to look overdone and aggressive. Moreover olive makes all eyes look mysterious and exotic.

Then I again use my gold pearls, this time as eye shadow. With the base eye shadow brush I apply the gold dust on the brow bone, just under the eyebrows and on inner corners of eyes.

I finish with two layers of my favorite black volume mascara.

STEP 4 – Lips

As eyes are usually hidden behind dark shades, lips are key to the look, so I play with them every time. I prefer lip gloss to lipstick. Sometimes I only apply nude shimmering lip gloss for fresh everyday look. Other times I go for brightest colors like orange, coral, fuchsia, red. These usually match some of my accessories like necklace, scarf, sandals, hat, bag or simply my playful mood!

It all takes 2 minutes for face, 2 minutes for eyes and a minute for lips – 5 minutes total. Am now ready to go and enjoy the rest of the summer days as long as possible. Are you following?

No comments:

Post a Comment